With the help of a variety of small and big events in diverse formats, we offer you many valuable opportunities to network with interesting and successful career personalities within academia and companies throughout the year.
Our Career Events are designed to help you expand your career outlook.
All events (upcoming and past) can be found in the calender below. To find events, scroll through the calender using the << or >> in the top corners, click on the dates with grey backgrounds and follow the link.
For more information on the different formats on offer, check out the definitions!
Coming up next!
"Cover Letter Workshop" - Career Training with Sarah Blackford
- Date & Time: Tuesday, 19th of October 2021, 09:30 - 12:30 am
- Location: Online - Access data will be sent in advance
- Registration will be open soon
The HMGU Career Center invites you to the Cover Letter Workshop by Sarah Blackford.
This workshop will support you in writing an impactful and impressive cover letter that can mean the difference between securing an interview and being passed over!
In this workshop, you will:
- feel more confident in crafting an effective and targeted cover letter to accompany your CV;
- have the opportunity to reflect on your own strengths and to link these with companies/roles of interest;
- become more aware about how to demonstrate genuine interest in an organisation within the cover letter;
- formulate a SMART personal action plan and have resources to take away.
Participation requires a pre-course task that will be sent to you a few days prior to the workshop.
Come join us for this workshop and learn how to write a cover letter that is succinct and captures your passion and drive underlying the text!
Registration is now closed, as the workshop is full. Participants will receive confirmation of their participation next week.
Please note: The workshop is limited to a maximum of 20 participants and registration is on a "first come, first serve" basis.