Individual Career Development Plan (IDP)
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Benefits of the IDP:
- Helps clarify career goals early on
- Improves satisfaction and relationships by serving as an effective expectation-setting mechanism
- Increases chances of following–through on projects
- Increases productivity by focusing efforts
- Helps manage time and resources more efficiently
What is the IDP?
The Individual Development Plan (IDP) helps you explore career possibilities and set goals, in order to follow the career path that fits you best. It represents a personal roadmap to enhance your knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as highlighting possible career paths. In addition, the IDP includes your specific interdisciplinary learning goals, analysis of personal strengths and areas for development.
The IDP within HMGU is a personalized, interactive, and dynamic action plan. It can be used for the purposes of tracking progress, providing feedback, facilitating ongoing communication, and/or outlining a path to career success.
The plan contains dynamic, living documents that help you to identify and outline career goals, as well as reflect on past achievements.
In future, you will be responsible for creating and renewing your IDP in collaboration with the Career Center.
After its launch, the IDP
- ... is the basis for a consultation appointment.
- ... is intended to be used as CAREER PLANNING and COMMUNICATION TOOL.