September: Clariant & Experts
The Career Center for HMGU Postdocs and Dotorcal Students is happy to announce that the next Company Visit to Clariant will take place on the 30th of September (details below)!.
This excursion is a great possibility to explore career opportunities outside academia and to get in contact with potential employers. Participation is possible for all Postdocs and Doctoral Students of HMGU.
- Preparation Webinar: 20th of September, 2019 (01:30 – 03:00 pm)
- Company: Clariant on 30th of September, 2019
- Clariant is a chemical company with R&D specialization on up-to-date biotechnological processes regarding energy efficiency and renewable resources)
- Trainer: Dr. Philipp Gramlich (Natural Science Careers) / Dr. Nicola Bauer (HMGU Career Center for Postdocs & Doctoral Students)
- Registration is closed
- Please note you will need to fill out a travel request form incl. the signature by your PI. The number of participants is limited. In case of overbooking, we will keep a waiting list and contact you if any spots become available.
In the morning, we will be visiting Clariant (09:00-11:00 am). Why go to a chemistry company with a group of mostly biologists? Because Clariant has a strong specialisation in biotechnological processes. It is the world leader in second generation biofuels with its sunliquid technology, turning agricultural waste materials into fuels and chemicals. So, everyone who is proficient at working with enzymes should listen up…
We speak with Dr. Tim Sieker (Engineer, Fermentation Technology) and Herr Dr. Henning Marckmann (Head of R&D Biofuels & Derivatives) who will give us a guided tour and will discuss with us.
In the afternoon we will enjoy a panel discussion HMGU with a range of experts from different fields.
- Dr. Michaela Elbel is a partner at the patent law firm Pateris. Her scientific background is in virology. Her years of experience in the patent law field will make it possible to give you an overview over this field and how it is to work in this job (Job Profile: Patent Attorney).
- Dr. Lisa Steinhauser is working for Shodex, a supplier of chromatography columns. She has worked at four different companies ranging from pharma to food analytics and from niche player to multinational.
- Laura Kühn is project manager at the Chemiecluster Bayern. This job gives her an excellent overview over the breadth of life science/ chemistry companies in Bavaria (Job Profile: Projekt Manager)
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!