Company Visits offer a great possibility to explore career opportunities outside academia.
The Career Center organizes Company Visits on a regular basis to provide you with insights into the work environment in different companies and to give you an opportunity for networking and professional exchange.
- Explore different job profiles and skill requirements first-hand
- Learn more about the work environment and culture of a company
- Meet and network with professionals
Each Company Visit consists of a 1-hour preparation webinar followed by a full day excursion. Participation is possible for all Postdocs and Doctoral Students of HMGU.
Company Visits Q3 & Q4 2019
September 2019: Clariant & Experts
- Date: 30th of September 2019, Location Planegg (bus tripp will be provided)
- Preparation Webinar: 20th of September 2019
- Registration is closed
In the morning, we will be visiting Clariant (9:00-11:00). Why go to a chemistry company with a group of mostly biologists? Because Clariant has a strong specialisation in biotechnological processes. It is the world leader in second generation biofuels with its sunliquid technology, turning agricultural waste materials into fuels and chemicals. So, everyone who is proficient at working with enzymes should listen up…
We speak with Dr. Tim Sieker (Engineer, Fermentation Technology) and Herr Dr. Henning Marckmann (Head of R&D Biofuels & Derivatives) who will give us a guided tour and will discuss with us.
In the afternoon we will enjoy a panel discussion HMGU with a range of experts from different fields.
- Dr. Michaela Elbel is a partner at the patent law firm Pateris. Her scientific background is in virology. Her years of experience in the patent law field will make it possible to give you an overview over this field and how it is to work in this job (Job Profile: Patent Attorney).
- Dr. Lisa Steinhauser is working for Shodex, a supplier of chromatography columns. She has worked at four different companies ranging from pharma to food analytics and from niche player to multinational.
- Laura Kühn is project manager at the Chemiecluster Bayern. This job gives her an excellent overview over the breadth of life science/ chemistry companies in Bavaria (Job Profile: Projekt Manager)
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
October 2019: Roche
- Company Visit to Roche: Friday, 11th of October 2019
- Preparation Webinar: Tuesday, 1st of October 2019
- Trainer: Dr. Philipp Gramlich (Natural Science Careers) / Dr. Nicola Bauer (HMGU Career Center for Postdocs & Doctoral Students)
- Registration closed
- Please note you will need to fill out a travel request form incl. the signature by your PI. The number of participants is limited. In case of overbooking, we will keep a waiting list and contact you if any spots become available.
- Details & Agenda
Ideas, wishes, contacts?
Ideas, wishes, contacts. Please contact us, so that we can customize our services to your specific needs.
+49(0)89 3187 43067
Career Center Office: building 33 / room 102
More Company Visits are coming!
We are constantly updating the program. Stay tuned for updates.