CONNECT WITH US!
To all Postdocs & Doctoral Students: Connect with us! Book an online coaching session today.
CAREER CENTER SERVICES
Navigate your future! The HMGU Career Center offers a wide range of services to Postdocs & Doctoral Students.
Welcome to the HMGU's Career Center Website!
Career development is a journey. Wherever you are in the process, the HMGU Career Center offers you a wide range of services, ranging from fascinating career talks, inspiring workshops and valuable resources, to individual coaching sessions and advice on orientation and application processes.
- The HMGU's Career Center is the central contact point for career guidance and coaching for all HMGU Postdocs and Doctoral Students.
- We support you in all career-related issues, such as reviewing your career chances, exploring possible career paths and optimising application documents.
- With our Individual Career Development Plan (IDP), we will be able to support you in gaining a clear picture not only of your personal strengths, values, interests, but also of potential careers open to you.
We look forward to supporting you in navigating your future!
For a calendar overview on our past, current and upcoming events, as well as what the HR Development Department has on offer for young scientists, this is the right place for you. We also give a definition on the different types of events (career talks, workshops, etc.) we have on offer, so that you can see what fits you and your schedule best.
There are many different places within the HMGU community, where young scientists can receive different types of information and help. These range from the HELENA Graduate School and the Postdoc Coordination, over the different Ombudspersons, various counselling offices (health, psycho-social) and lastly to the HR Department and the Third-Party Funding Department.
This is the place to find more information on the Career Center itself (team and contact), as well as how it is funded and its organisation within HMGU. This section also contains several FAQs and a possibility for you to suggest topics that are relevant for you and your future career development (Topic Wishlist).
Coming up next!
"Cover Letter Workshop" - Career Training with Sarah Blackford
- Date & Time: Tuesday, 19th of October 2021, 09:30 - 12:30 am
- Location: Online - Access data will be sent in advance
- Registration will be open soon
The HMGU Career Center invites you to the Cover Letter Workshop by Sarah Blackford.
This workshop will support you in writing an impactful and impressive cover letter that can mean the difference between securing an interview and being passed over!
In this workshop, you will:
- feel more confident in crafting an effective and targeted cover letter to accompany your CV;
- have the opportunity to reflect on your own strengths and to link these with companies/roles of interest;
- become more aware about how to demonstrate genuine interest in an organisation within the cover letter;
- formulate a SMART personal action plan and have resources to take away.
Participation requires a pre-course task that will be sent to you a few days prior to the workshop.
Come join us for this workshop and learn how to write a cover letter that is succinct and captures your passion and drive underlying the text!
Registration is now closed, as the workshop is full. Participants will receive confirmation of their participation next week.
Please note: The workshop is limited to a maximum of 20 participants and registration is on a "first come, first serve" basis.
Join us for fascinating Career Talks, inspiring workshops and much more! See the calendar below for all upcoming events!
Using the << and >> buttons in the top corners of the calender, you can scroll through past and future events. Hovering over and clicking on the dates marked in grey will give you information on an event taking place that day.